Based on findings from the 2011Montana Affiliate Community Profile, the Montana Affiliate is currently accepting applications for breast health projects that will begin April 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
Drawing from the profile, the Montana Affiliate has identified two funding priorities within the State of Montana:
With limited funding for the 2013-2014 community grant cycle and to target funding to sustainable programs, collaboration among non-profits with integration of services for underserved populations, particularly the Montana American Indian population, is encouraged and will receive additional points during review.
Grant Writing Webinar January 9, 2013
Application deadline: February 15, 2013
Award notification: April 1, 2013
Inquiries regarding this RFA should be directed to Nancy Lee, Executive Director, Montana Affiliate Susan G. Komen, 406-495-9337 or email@example.com. Please allow adequate time before the deadline for response to any inquiry.
Any United States nonprofit, federally tax-exempt organization may apply for a grant from the Affiliate, assuming that the applicant meets all other requirements as stated in these guidelines. Eligible organizations include nonprofit organizations, nonprofit hospitals and hospital systems, governmental entities, Indian tribes, and nonprofit educational institutions. Organizations who plan to use a fiscal sponsor must contact the Affiliate prior to submitting a grant application.
New this year, all grant application submissions must be done through the Komen eGrants Management System (GeMS).
For a copy of the GeMS training webinar slides click here
The Community Profile is a needs assessment document that provides an overview of Komen’s grant-making priorities and the breast health needs in our service area. Please familiarize yourself with this document before developing your applications.
Komen Montana accepts small grant applications year-round for amounts up to $5,000. Requests for small grants must be submitted online. Small Grants
Up to 75 percent of the net income from Komen Race for the Cure Montana stays in the State of Montana to fund Community grants and education. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.